The Kings Ferry Group, part of National Express Group, are currently recruiting for a Vehicle Optimisation Manager to optimise our own fleet and driver resource by ensuring intelligent & effective scheduling of vehicles and drivers to maximise productivity and revenue potential and deliver efficient and cost effective operations
The successful individual will build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation to ensure efficiency of critical business processes by creating and implementing changes and driving improvements.
We are looking for a highly motivated and flexible individual to deal with constantly changing demands within a fast-paced environment. You will have experience in a similar role, utilising process improvement methodology, problem solving and handling multiple projects at one time.
- Optimise route efficiencies and route planning by eliminating unnecessary miles hence minimising the costs of repositioning and fuel
- Empower Allocations Team to achieve better outcomes. Challenge and overrule allocations decisions as necessary to support greater commerciality
- Work closely with Operations colleagues to optimise driver use to suit needs; control wages costs; create driver schedules that meet working conditions, satisfy rules and support driver preferences
- ‘Own Fleet First,’ working closely with members of the SMT develop a defined inventory management strategy for the Kings Ferry Group, to maximise own fleet utilisation ahead of third-party operators
- Work with the Head of Technology & Innovation to develop the use of technology and software solutions to support improved scheduling, vehicle/driver optimisation, increased revenue/contribution and cost savings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge and data analysis experiences is a prerequisite for this role with the ability to analyse and manipulate complex data to provide meaningful information. Advanced excel user
- Previous experience of working in logistics/supply chain/inventory management roles within the ground transport/airline/automotive or manufacturing environment.
- A high level of commercial awareness and the ability to influence and interact with senior stakeholders across all business functions.
- Proven track record of developing effective inventory management plans to support the delivery of strategic business goals
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines essential
- Outstanding communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Challenges existing practices when necessary and offers ideas for improvements
- Knowledge of current driving hours legislation essential for the role
- Attractive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Free Coach and Bus travel
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available via NX online portal
- Opportunities for endless progression within the company
Add work Areas
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email .Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment acording to the policy.