Every year our teams deliver up to 150 million items through our network. Having the largest individual share of the national market and employing nearly 8,000 people in the UK there is no better time to join The People Network. So if you're interested in working for a company that sees our people as our biggest asset then TNT could be for you!
Our Vehicle Maintenance Unit (VMU) at Kingsbury require a highly organised, detail conscious and self motivated individual to join the team and oversee the smooth running of the operation.
In this challenging role you will be working within a busy environment and be responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Vehicle Maintenance Technicians ensuring the service, repair and roadworthiness of vehicles to Department of Transport (DOT) standards and the company preventative maintenance schedules.
As the Foreman at the Vehicle Maintenance Unit you will be responsible for:
- Effectively manage the performance of Vehicle Maintenance Technicians
- Assist in the day- to- day running of the VMU office in the absence of the Workshop Manager
- Diagnose faults and repair vehicles to minimum DOT standards in line with the Company preventative maintenance programme
- Complete relevant documentation for all work undertaken including reporting to the Line Manager
- Road test vehicles (where qualified and instructed to do so)
- Take or accompany vehicles for DOT tests as required (where qualified and instructed to do so)
- Ensure correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Ensure personal protective clothing/ equipment is worn in accordance with TNT's Health & Safety policy
- Ensure that all HASAWA/ Legislation/ Security procedures are adhered to and that good housekeeping is maintained
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer care
- Maintain communication between traffic departments and the VMU
- Ensure no vehicle leaves the VMU in an unroadworthy condition
To fulfil this role you will have a qualification in vehicle maintenance, excellent communication skills, ability to work in a busy environment and have a good attention to detail ensuring our vehicles leave the VMU in a roadworthy condition. A full driving licence is essential however previous experience within the transport industry and Category C+E entitlement is preferred but not essential.