Vehicle Inspector - On Site
Our client is the world’s largest automotive services company and, through its unparalleled range of products and services, drives every stage of the used vehicle lifecycle. They are responsible for handling nearly 10 million used vehicles worldwide, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
Hours of pay are 08.30 - 17.30 Monday to Friday.
About the role of Vehicle Inspector
- Accurately inspect cars and commercial vehicles to standard operating procedure (SOP) and BVRLA fair wear and tear policy to provide accurate and detailed reports for use in the auction process and by customers
- Accurately complete combined Assured and relevant Scheme Inspection in line with predefined process and procedure and quality standards
- Supporting the yard team with on going process and movement of inspected vehicles, to ensure the efficient and effective flow of vehicles around the site
- To take high quality photos of the vehicles, ensuring images and inspection standards are in line with current SOP
- Ensuring that the on site process for key storage is followed to ensure that keys can be tracked and traced
- Interaction with customers as appropriate, to give information regarding inspections as and
when required to demonstrate expertise and value of the product and service
- Synchronise and download vehicle information to support inter departmental process in a timely manner
- Prioritise workload and take pro-active steps to ensure achievement of appraisal quality and quantity performance targets
- Carry out amended process for voluntary termination vehicles where relevant
- You must have worked in some kind of automotive background previous.
- You will be motivated, flexible, adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Used to working in a fast paced and very busy environment with the ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- A basic knowledge of mechanics and technical vehicle inspection would be advantageous
- You’ll need to be comfortable using computers, tablets and hand held devices and have a good knowledge of operating Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of delivering a great customer experience in a face to face environment
Apply online for this role now
Forde Automotive is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job