My Peterborough based client is looking for an additional person to join their team of vehicle fitters in the factory area of the business to help with the building and general maintenance of their vehicles. This will be a really interesting and challenging job with lots of variation and so is ideal for someone who likes to multi task and has vehicle fitting experience. A background working with motor vehicles would be perfect.
The role requires a minimum of 5 years mechanical engineering experience. A good understanding of basic electrical circuitry is required and welding would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential
- Actively participate in the on-the-job training program
- Build production vehicles as per given job cards
- Prepare or repair rental vehicles, as per given job cards
- Meet production build target hours
- Ensure the factory and surrounding areas are kept smart, clean and safe
- Adhere to, and participate in, 5S program
- Help achieve ongoing improvements in our build times and quality performance
- Health and Safety awareness and ability to comply with the company Health and Safety Policy
- Ability to be responsible to any additional duties required and have a flexible approach to work.
- Physically fit
- Team player
- Welding experience ( not essential)
- Hard worker, friendly and approachable
- An electrical / mechanical background
- Worked in a similar position for 2+ year
- Have an engineering background for the last 5+ years.
- Have some kind of formal engineering (electrical and/or mechanical) training/certification
This is a 40 hour working week and 29 days holiday allowance including bank holidays. There is also a discretionary bonus given to employees which starts after 12 months continued service. You would be Ideally located in Peterborough, Stamford, Huntingdon, Oundle and surrounding area for this role.
If you feel that you have to right skills to achieve the requirements above and want to work for a company that puts their staff first then please send your CV to us for consideration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Motor Vehicle