Are you a data entry expert with a passion for all things automotive? Are you looking for your next opportunity in a busy and varied role? We are Thatcham Research, an industry leader in the field of automotive research and we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Vehicle Data Entry Administrator to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
Working in the Insurance Research team, you will be responsible for the for entry, cleansing, auditing and delivery of vehicle data, contributing to various research projects and the group rating process.
Your responsibilities as the Vehicle Data Administrator will involve:
- Maintaining databases, ensuring that they are updated with new vehicle models and ratings so that they can be used by motor vehicle insurers and customers of Thatcham
- Ensuring new vehicle models are accurately entered, creating a comprehensive database of pertinent vehicle attributes
- Researching and sourcing vehicle details, including availability and function of ADAS (advanced driver assistant systems) technology and other systems as deemed necessary
- Developing databases, spreadsheets and reports to clearly communicate information to external stakeholders
- Adding and cleansing raw data to produce reports
- Answering stakeholder questions concerning vehicle technology, providing evidence to support
- Facilitating meetings with car manufacturers and insurers in order to forecast and anticipate future data requirements
Your skills and experience as the Vehicle Data Administrator will include:
- Previous experience working in a customer facing, data entry position
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with and updating databases
- A broad knowledge of motor vehicles, including an understanding of their components would be a distinct advantage
- NVQ/City & Guilds (or equivalent) in a motor related subject (engineering or insurance) would be advantageous but not essential
What we’re looking for in you:
You are a car enthusiast who enjoys learning about the latest trends in automotive technology. You are confident working with a wide range of stakeholders and have an outstanding attention to detail. You pride yourself on producing high quality and presentable work and are motivated by the opportunity to work in an evolving market.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Database Administration