My client is recruiting an Estimator/VDA to join the team at their busy site in Milton Keynes.
The repair centre in Milton Keynes is large, clean and modern with a good flow of work coming through the doors on a daily basis. In return for your experience, my client is offering a competitive basic salary alongside a generous and realistic retail bonus.
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained, assess the cost of repair and time scales
- To identify the correct prescribed repair method
- To prepare computerised and manual estimates and to accurately record these, maintaining up-to-date records of all estimates
- To obtain from insurance companies authority to proceed with repair to a vehicle and to confirm the cost of the repair
- To communicate effectively with customers, engineers and technicians to ensure understanding of correct vehicle repair methodology
- To ensure that any amendment to repair work is authorised by the insurance company
- Once authorisation has been gained, to liaise with the body shop personnel and make sure that they understand fully the prescribed repair method
You will demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm to join our team.
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible work attitude
- Problem solving within the role
- Handle all vehicles with due care and attention ensuring that customer care/satisfaction is maintained at all times
- Awareness of and adhere to all the housekeeping and health and safety regulations
You will ideally have:
- Customer Service and administration experience
- ATA qualification or be a time served technician
- NVQ Level 1, 2 & 3
- Experience in a body shop or accident repair environment
- 3 Years Experience / ATA