Vehicle Assembly Technician - Tevva Motors have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Assembly Technician to be a part of our growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills, you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference.
As Tevva move into the production phase they are looking for an experienced Vehicle Assembly Technician to deliver reliable well-built trucks. This role is vital in achieving this quality and reliability. It is also critical that we are building trucks to best practices and recording the data to demonstrate this.
You will be responsible for the Assembly of core systems in preparation for vehicle build such as:
- Belly Pan
- Hotel load sub-systems
- Manufacture Wiring Looms
- Range Extender
- E-motor and brackets
- Vehicle control unit enclosure
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Create instructions, drawings, or Standard Operating procedures
- Assemble Core systems and sub systems to vehicles
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products
- Perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment as required
- Follow the company’s policies and procedures
- Keep the work area in order
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Forklift truck license would be an advantage
- Qualification in motor mechanics / city and guilds or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions written and illustrated
- Experience with IT and Microsoft packages
- A high level of health and safety awareness, may be required to lift heavy goods
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to work independently and in a team
As the successful Vehicle Assembly Technician, you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including Microsoft packages.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme?, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family
run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Vehicle, Technician, Motor, Production
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.