The FMCG Team here at Wiser Graduates boast some of the biggest brand names on the market and we are currently recruiting for one of the most exciting brands out there. Our client is a healthy crisp alternative and was one of the first to introduce veggie chips to the market. They currently stock across all of the major retailers including Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Tesco, Boots, Whole Foods and Planet Organic. They are currently on the hunt for excellent people to help drive the growth and success of their businesses.
Are you a hard-working, sales guru, with a go-getter personality? Do you love trying new health trends and following challenger food and drink brands? Are you conscious of how products are sourced and delivered to consumers? If you answered YES to these questions, we want to hear from YOU…
The healthy food and drink sector is a booming industry - one that is no longer restricted to just the fitness fanatics and leaf-eating, rabbit food dieters, but one that is celebrated and driven by a growing population of health-conscious yet forever time-poor consumers. Every day, new and exciting brands are launching delicious, innovative and hunger-squashing snacks and drinks that are satisfying the daily munchies of those who strive to achieve a well-balanced life.
This vacancy will require you to achieve excellent exposure across the grocery, wholesale and convenience channels by managing the relationships between the brand and their existing retailers. Furthermore, you will be required to use your business acumen and intuition to capitalise on new business opportunities. The main responsibilities for these vacancies include:
- Building and developing relationships with key contacts across all channels
- Developing tactical strategies to deliver incremental value YOY, supporting the Account Teams in executing and maximising promotional activity across key customers, whilst winning new accounts throughout your territory.
- Charming & educating key decision makers on the brands and their different products
- Working with marketing teams to bring the brands to life in-store/depot through point of sale materials, sampling activity and creative, eye-catching displays / chilled equipment.
Key Account Management & Reporting
- Managing a database/call file, ensuring a strong contact strategy and increased performance.
- Reporting to the Field Sales Manager for regular updates of your performance.
- Providing analysis through the art of case studies to demonstrate trial and success.
It takes a certain type of person to succeed in this industry, and we are looking for only the best! To be considered you must have all the following qualities:
- Ambitious - Results driven by a desire to work hard and get your hands dirty.
- Team Player - We want strong team players with ample determination and drive.
- Passion - You must be an absolute food-lover and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the industry and its trends.
- Communication Skills - We are seeking friendly, confident individuals who have a lively persona: You should be able to communicate personality and establish rapport quickly.
- Basic Sales Experience - Not essential, however, any sales experience is advantageous.
- Excel Skills - Base level knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be good, however, is not essential.
- Time Management - At any point, you will be managing many different deadlines and priorities. It's vital that you can manage your time efficiently and effectively so we aren't caught out on deadlines!
- Interested in how brands grow - You should be able to demonstrate a real interest and awareness of how brands grow, stay youthful and engage with the world.
- A rough diamond - you don't need to be the finished product; raw talent is the best kind and we want people who are hungry to refine and develop their skills! This role will involve a lot of learning curves but requires you to be switched on, fully engaged and eager to learn.
- Personable - We are looking for people who are down to earth, confident, enthusiastic and with a great personality.
- Full UK Driving Licence - Highly preferable but not essential
The basic salary for this role is between £21,000-£23,000, dependant on your previous experience. As you will be field based you will be given either a company car or a London travel card. You will be required to smash sales targets and rewarded accordingly with a lucrative commission and/or bonus structure. Your OTE for year 1 will average around £29,000.
Progression is incredibly fast, you will move into a Junior Account Executive or National Account Executive within 9-12 months. At this point, you will move to an in-house role where your primary responsibilities will be to manage your own portfolio of accounts within a certain region.
The culture and working environment is incredibly social, dynamic and forward-thinking. This is a rare opportunity to join a business of like-minded and driven individuals who are focused on engaging with their consumers in a way that is different and of incredibly high standards!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job