AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business with a primary focus on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines.
Our purpose as a company is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines and greater efficiency & innovation in healthcare.
As science moves forward, technology has to keep pace. AstraZeneca IT started a major global transformation program to create a world class IT organization, including radically reinventing the current IT operating model and organization design; supplier ecosystem optimization and insourcing; establishment of a network of Global Technology Centers; significant Infrastructure and Technology transformation; cultural change and risk management.
A key part of this transformation program was to achieve the industry’s fastest deployment of Veeva’s mobile customer relationship management platform to 30,000+ users in 70+ countries to improve field user productivity and effectiveness, as well as establishing a Solution Delivery Center Application Engineering team, based out of our state-of-the-art IT facility in Chennai, to drive continuous improvement and innovation on our strategic platforms.
We are now looking for a Veeva Application Engineer / Solution Architect to lead design and build of releases and projects on the Veeva and Salesforce platforms and related integrations.
The Veeva Application Engineer / Solution Architect will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal consultant and SFDC/Veeva expert for IT and business partners across regions and business areas (Commercial, Medical)
- Identify platform exploitation opportunities across the enterprise
- Socialise new or unused Veeva/SFDC platform features with business and identify exploitation opportunities
- Actively promote new platform features and drive adoption
- Run assessments / POCs
- Generate platform exploitation ideas and create business case for new features
- Lead business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT stakeholders
- Lead delivery activities through Design / Build / Test / Deploy phases for regular releases and key Veeva platform initiatives
- Provide technical oversight on configuration, customization, MyInsights UX development for Veeva releases and projects
- Provide technical expertise on integration technologies to release and project teams working on the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Integration designs and solutions
- Generate and implement ideas to simplify / streamline our integration landscape
- Mentor and coach the AZ Application Development team based in Chennai to increase throughput and quality