This is an exciting new role for an experienced VBA / RPA Developer to join our growing DC Pensions Workplace Operations in Cardiff.
- Support and maintain VBA Applications and RPA in use across DC Operations, ensuring that problems are resolved quickly and efficiently, root cause of failure is analysed and documentation is maintained to required standards.
- Design, develop, program and deploy VBA Applications and RPA for use by DC Operations, ensuring that best practice is defined and conformed to when developing applications. Use experience and know-how to create innovative solutions to problems and ensure that opportunities to automate manual processing are pro-actively identified and solutions developed if the return on investment is sufficient.
- Effectively define and asses requirements in collaboration with non-technical colleagues across the business to ensure that a common understanding of what will be delivered exists, and all value add requirements are encompassed.
- Ensure that robust development lifecycles are defined, followed and evolved where appropriate to ensure that requirements are documented, agreed and where practical delivered.
- Ability to manage development projects from end-to-end. Influencing and persuading senior stakeholders as to the viability of certain projects and developments is critical to ensure that focus on achieving significant return on investment of resources is achieved.
- Identify, design and deliver other tools that provide pro-active support to the business as appropriate. Exercise own judgement to identify key areas of benefit by analysing data and information to deliver tools that will improve operational efficiency.
- Technical support of key strategic MI and Work management systems and other technical tools, ensuring the ongoing integrity of system data is paramount. Define and develop such systems to maximise operational efficiency and enable end users to extract accurate information to meet business requirements.
- Provide expert guidance and mentoring to other members of the team in all aspects of programming, testing and automation of manual processing.
- Knowledge of past and present products, and the purpose of the products. In addition ensure that knowledge is acquired and maintained on new product propositions.
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate systems utilised across DC Savings (FPF etc)
- Expert knowledge of Office software packages such as MS Office, Business Objects and MS Access
- Expert understanding of SQL (Transact & DB2) to build efficient, complex queries & Database Applications.
- Extensive Expert knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) so that Applications can be built and supported to best practice standards.
- Good knowledge of end to end DC Operations processes and of business risks and controls.
- Sound understanding of regulatory responsibilities and governance associated with each product
- Understands the Regulatory framework of the UK Financial Services industry
- Ability to support defect/ issue analysis, data investigations and business acceptance testing
- Excellent numeric aptitude, having a strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to exert a significant degree of evaluative judgement to create innovative solutions
- Ability to recognise and define complex patterns and relationships in data held in MI systems and databases
- Ability to model and document detailed application requirements, translating technical specifications into programmed applications
- Ability to functionally test developed applications to ensure performance against technical specifications
- Ability to plan and prioritize own workload to ensure deadlines are met, and highest impact work is focused on, regardless of individual preference.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job