Set up by the Department of Health in a unique partnership with technology experts Sopra Steria, NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) provide essential corporate back office services to other NHS organisations.
NHS SBS is the market leader in corporate services with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products.? With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.?
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The Day Job:
Are you an experience Team Leader looking to further your development?
At the heart of this role, we are seeking an inspirational, confident, and intuitive Team Leader, to join the team at a really exciting time for the business. You will be experienced at working with a high performing and, at times, challenging team. You will have a passion for continuous service improvement and a track record of driving success to achieve objectives.
This opportunity requires excellent leadership, influencing, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills. The Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day management of the VAT Compliance team collaborating with over 220 NHS Organisations to deliver their monthly VAT Returns in line with HMRC timeframes, legislation and directives.
- Manages and leads a team of VAT Compliance Analysts and a Subject Matter Expert.
- Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides support to management, including hiring and training, and keeps management updated on team performance.
- Oversee day-to-day VAT Compliance operation and ensure delivery of VAT returns to SLA deadlines
- People management – delivering effective 1-2-1s, Absence and Performance management policies. Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Working with the VAT Consultancy Team to keep up to date with current HMRC regulations, feeding this back to relevant stakeholders, supporting with communications
- Supporting the Operations Manager with communications, business objectives and strategic goals
- Managing the VAT Team and supporting Service Managers to handle and resolve all customer escalations.
You need to have:
- Demonstrable experience of leading high performing teams
- Results driven with a focus on innovation and change management
- The successful candidate will be expected to quickly develop their knowledge and understanding of NHS VAT rules as well as wider general Indirect Tax legislation
It would be great if you had:
- Good understanding of ‘CoS’ headings and interpretation of VAT treatments
- Working knowledge of key VAT areas such as Capital, Partial Exemption, Foreign VAT and Business Activities
- Experience of a shared service platform before
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Leeds or Bristol
Internal Recruiter: Katie
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum (DOE)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'