VAT Tax Accountant / Indirect Tax Accountant
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a VAT TaxSenior /Indirect Tax Senior to join their growing team in Cheltenham. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager, you will be required to proactively assist in growing the VAT practice and help provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT compliance & advisory service to business clients across the South West & Midlands. Key duties include:
- Providing advice and support on compliance & planning issues to clients from a wide variety of industry sectors, regularly maintaining contact and making visits as appropriate.
- Providing advice and support on VAT compliance and planning issues to colleagues as required.
- Ensuring knowledge is kept up to date with VAT legislation and procedures, HMRC publications, relevant Court and Tribunal decisions etc.
- Assisting the Director/Manager with internal updates to Partners and staff, particularly where developments provide opportunities within the client base.
- Contributing articles for inclusion in the firms tax-related and industry specific publications.
- Internal financial management including regular review of work-in-progress and billing within given timescales and according to the firm’s procedures.
- Preparing and agreeing budgets for assignments with partners and clients, ensuring these are met within agreed time scales.
- Involved in marketing events and other presentations (both external and internal) when appropriate.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a medium/large regional or Top100 Accountancy firm with specialist VAT experience with both proven technical and assignment-driven skills. The firm is happy to consider VAT experience from another accounting firm, Industry/Commerce experience or from HMRC. You should ideally be ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA Qualified with knowledge of customs procedures, client driven and commercially aware. With excellent team-working and client relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Accountancy Firm
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'