Working in a busy & successful accountancy practice, the role is to provide high quality VAT advice to the practices clients and provide internal VAT support to colleagues, giving advice, planning and organising methodically. You will be managing the VAT aspects of clients businesses and be the first point of contact for all clients with any VAT issues.
Our Client is an exceptional Accountancy Practice based in the Thames Valley with both a UK and International client base. The offer for the right candidate here is a progressive and varied role within a great company ethos and culture.
The Key Responsibilities for this VAT Manager role:
To provide high quality practical, commercial advice on complex VAT issues to a range of clients of different sizes and complexities
- High Level VAT reviews.
- Review monthly VAT reconciliations
- To actively identify opportunities for VAT services and promote them internally and externally.
- To manage VAT planning projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadlines
- To deal with all VAT aspects of company mergers/acquisitions/restructuring, including carrying out due diligence, review of DD, review of sale and purchase agreement, and providing practical advice.
- VAT Property matters.
- To provide internal support for VAT queries from staff.
- Provide training, guidance and advice to junior members of the team to assist with their career and development.
- To understand Cross Border options.
The successful candidate for this VAT Specialist role will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Extensive expertise and practical experience specialising solely in VAT
- High personal drive and motivation
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Ideally 10years plus VAT experience
- Customs experience is advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job