* Practice experience required
* Experienced in HMRC communications and negotiations
Working in a busy & successful accountancy practice, the role is to provide high quality VAT advice to the practices clients and provide internal VAT support to colleagues, giving advice, planning and organising methodically. You will be managing the VAT aspects of clients businesses and be the first point of contact for all clients with any VAT issues, overseeing a member of the bookkeeping team who has stepped up recently to focus on VAT.
Our Client is an exceptional Accountancy Practice based in the Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool City Centre. The offer for the right candidate here is a progressive role within a great company ethos and culture, offering flexibility, variety and autonomy.
The Key Responsibilities for this VAT Manager role based in Liverpool are:
* To provide high quality practical, commercial advice on complex VAT issues in plain English, to a range of clients of different sizes and complexities
* Preparing and filing VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner to HM Revenue & Customs.
* Review monthly VAT reconciliations
* To actively identify opportunities for VAT services and promote them internally and externally.
* To manage VAT planning projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadlines
* Aid with VAT enquiries and inspections when they arise.
* To negotiate with HMRC on VAT disputes.
* To deal with all VAT aspects of company sales and acquisitions, including carrying out due diligence, review of DD, review of sale and purchase agreement, and providing practical advice.
* To provide internal support for VAT queries from staff.
* To ensure all fees are agreed in advance and are billed promptly.
* Provide training, guidance and advice to junior members of the team to assist with their career and development
* Guide and oversee junior staff members to educate as much as possible in this area.
The successful candidate for this VAT Manager role will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
* Extensive expertise and practical experience specialising solely in VAT
* Track record of promoting VAT advice to clients proactively
* Must be AAT qualified, ideally also working towards or ACCA/ACA qualified
* Experience preparing/reviewing VAT Returns
* Previous partial exemption experience
* Experience in dealing with HMRC both face to face and in written correspondence
* Experience within local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries
* Must have experience working within a private accountancy practice
* High personal drive and motivation
* Ability to tackle new challenges positively
* Confident user of IT including Word and Excel
* Effective communication skills
* Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
* Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines
Salary and Package
Base Salary up to £28,000 - £32000, there may be potential for negotiation around this salary for the right levels of experience
Great Benefits Package
Flexible working hours
Working across a varied portfolio with autonomy
Courtney Recruitment recruit for all levels within the office environment from front of house through to senior management, across a wide range of sectors.
You can apply for our jobs with confidence, we are experienced recruiters, a regulated employment agency, registered with the Institute of Recruiters and the Data Protection Controller.
As we often receive a large number of applications for our vacancies, it is, at times, not always possible to reply to each and every applicant. If you have not been contacted within five working days of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.