VAT Consultant to join a busy and expanding VAT team. You will provide prompt and professional VAT advisory service to all clients, staff and partners across business, trusts, charities and other firms of accountants.
Flexible location - Across the network of South West Offices -Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire. Full-time or part-time.
- Provision of VAT advice to staff, partners and clients including preparation of detailed letters and reports
- Dealing with VAT queries from other firms of accountants
- Liaising with H M Revenue & Customs on behalf of clients and attendance at VAT visits as required
- Assign tasks and review work of trainee VAT consultants
- Preparing both marketing and training materials
- Manage billing process
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- CTA (indirect tax route), AIIT qualified or qualified by experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in VAT.
- Would suit candidate currently working in VAT for HMRC or working in practice
- Knowledge of all areas of VAT in particular trade with overseas, construction, land and property and partial exemption
- Ability to use own initiative
- Analytical and methodical in approach to work
- Accurate, organised and able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Comfortable dealing with clients, staff and third parties by telephone and in person
- A team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Maintain up to date knowledge of VAT and VAT legislation
- Able to effectively communicate technical and complex VAT issues, both orally and in writing
- Proactive and confident in identifying problems and offering solutions
- Willing to travel to clients and other offices across the region
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car (which must be insured to cover business use and the transport