VAT Compliance Assistant, AM6159
If you're a junior accountancy or tax professional and feel it's time to start tackling new and more complex technical work, this is an opportunity within a mid-tier accountancy firm (and a well established European tax team) where you'll have the scope and support to specialise in cross-border VAT.
You'll need some accountancy or tax experience which will be your platform to really advance your technical knowledge and work closely with highly experienced Senior Managers. As a result, you'll be in a great place to start working towards ongoing progression within this firm's European VAT practice.
- Holds around 1 years experience (or more) working in a finance role
- Strong level of English (a second European language is a desirable)
- Excellent relationship building and client management skills
- Good general competency on Excel
About the Role
- Oversee the completion of VAT returns, registrations, EC Sales List/ Intrastat reports
- Manage a diverse range of clients and be responsible for the controlled completion of VAT cases
- Advise clients of any VAT which is payable or refundable for a VAT return
- Consult clients on VAT related issues and ensure that excellent service is provided and deadlines are met
- First point of contact for your assigned portfolio of clients
- Liaise with tax authorities on the client's behalf
If you'd like to know more information, please contact Alex Mann.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.