Set up by the Department of Health in a unique partnership with technology experts Sopra Steria, NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) provide essential corporate back office services to other NHS organisations.
NHS SBS is the market leader in corporate services with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products.? With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.?
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The Day Job:
Are you a whizz with numbers? Love Excel? Get a buzz from working with large and complex data sets?
If data analysis is your thing, we have a wonderful opportunity for you! As part of a new structure, we are looking for individuals who want to join the growing and established VAT team as they move into a new way of working. You will need a great eye for detail and have a background within data analysis with proven working experience of working within a fast paced and complex environment. Previous experience within VAT is not essential, however there is much to learn and you will have the opportunity to work alongside and with, the best and brightest in the business!
You should be technically minded and comfortable working in a fast paced, complex environment. You will be motivated, agile, with good time management skills as ownership of work is extremely important.
As part of the VAT team, you will be responsible for supporting client VAT return delivery, work closely with the VAT Analysts and Senior VAT Analysts working with large multifaceted data sets, building VAT Returns and maintaining quality control mechanisms.
- Management of multidimensional processes and assignments to completion, with the acumen to learn complicated, often subjective VAT rules, including Contracted Out Services for NHS Organisations and presenting information in an appropriate manner to stakeholders
- Working with the VAT team to deliver VAT returns to meet client expectations and service delivery
- Support the VAT team with TEST file analysis and Query workbook resolutions
- Be responsible for monthly VAT Adjustment Journal uploads and posting the Journals into the Oracle ledgers
- Reviewing and sending client VAT Returns within strict deadlines
- Keeping up to date with current HMRC regulations, including Contracted Out Services
You need to have:
- Proven working background within a Data Analysis role (this could be demonstrated from study at degree level)
- Advanced level Excel skills and experience of analysis large and complex data sets
- Possess excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Be able to work independently and ask for assistance and clarification when required
- Experience of dealing with a client service facing environment
It would be great if you had:
- AAT qualification or studying towards
- Previous VAT or NHS VAT experience, specifically the contracted out services HMRC guidelines
- Experience with Oracle
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Leeds or Bristol
Internal Recruiter: Katie
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'