Location: Tingely, Wakefield
NHS SBS are recruiting for a VAT Compliance Officer to work onsite in our Tingley office. As part of the VAT team, you will be responsible for handling client VAT return delivery and support. You will work closely with an offshore operations team in India; overseeing production deadlines, building VAT Returns and updating quality control mechanisms. The world of NHS VAT is often very complicated; the successful candidate should be technically minded and able to work with complex VAT rules and present this in an appropriate manner both to colleagues across the business and our clients.
- Working with Indian and UK teams to deliver VAT returns to clients
- Preparing VAT Returns and undertaking reviews of transactions to determine VAT recovery
- Working with clients on the phone to resolve queries
- Managing internal control mechanisms
- Sending client VAT Returns within strict deadlines
- Keeping up to date with current HMRC regulations
- Working both autonomously and as a team
- Striving to build a good relationship with clients and provide the best possible service
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a finance or accounting role
- Possess excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Be detail oriented - able to multitask and handle several client accounts
- Be able to manage time and projects effectively
- Be able to work along with teams and have great customer service skills
- Have knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office software - particularly Excel
- Previous VAT or NHS VAT experience, specifically the contracted out services HMRC guidelines
- A finance and accounting degree or equivalent
- AAT - level 2 and above
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.