I am working with a Global Business based near Maidstone, Kent who are currently looking to add additional resource to their VAT team as a VAT Analyst or VAT Accountant.
My client are well known and well respected in their field, based near Maidstone. They are looking to bolster their VAT team with the addition of a VAT Analyst or VAT Accountant.
As a key VAT reporting control sole responsibility for maintaining and clearing VAT general ledgers ensuring integrity and accuracy of those accounts for management as well as Tax Authority reporting purposes.
- Reconcile VAT and statistical returns to each other and the balance sheet.
- Solely responsible for preparing the monthly group tax management reporting reconciliations for VAT GLs across EMEA for Group Finance colleagues.
- Prepare reconciliations of P&L sales revenue to VAT reported revenue on a quarterly basis and as part of year end and statutory audit processes.
- Produce accurate periodic UK VAT Group and EMEA VAT registration returns and declarations.
- Create and post VAT journals to the balance sheet and approve VAT postings by Group Finance.
- Work closely with accounting functions in management and operation of accounting systems to drive VAT process improvement.
- Creation and approval of VAT coding matrixes for new events with VAT Manager review.
- Create and maintain up-to date process documentation.
- Prepare Tax Authority error disclosures.
- Manage workflow VAT approvals for AR and AP invoicing and events set up.
- Supporting the EMEA VAT manager with internal and external VAT audits and ad-hoc projects.
Part or fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ATT or CTA)
- Ideally previous VAT or financial accounting experience
- UK VAT compliance experience
- Advanced excel
25 days holiday
Death in service 4 x salary
Child care vouchers