HIPPO™ is the company behind the yellow HIPPOBAGTM which delivers flexible and convenient waste management solutions to householders, business and trade users nationwide. HIPPO™ is committed to creating and developing ways for its customers to dispose of their waste or unwanted materials in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will manage the Here to Clear Operation (HTC). A service offered by HIPPO, where one of our teams will arrive at a customers’ property, clear their rubbish and then dispose of it in a responsible, reliable and ethical way.
Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the HTC team runs a timely and cost effective operation
- Using reports to regularly review HTC Operations ensuring they are running at peak efficiency
- Plan staffing, ensuring optimum levels of cover according to the needs of the business
- Manage HTC hours to optimise fleet utilisation and costs within the requirement of the working time directive
- Daily management and motivation of allocated staff and support where required.
- Ensure each allocated HTC Crew is visited at least once quarterly
- Verify driving licences and qualifications.
- Manage any major incident, major accident or behaviour violation.
- Assess the performance and conduct of new HTC Crew members regularly
- Ensure that attendance and payroll information s accurately recorded and communicated to HR.
- Manage and develop high standards of health and safety
- Ensure that HTC Crews have all the necessary equipment, uniform and PPE at all times.
- Periodically check tracker data for allocated HTC Crews
- Provide induction training for new HTC Crews including Agency staff
- To provide formal and on-the-job training to HTC Crews as necessary
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required to support the needs of the business.
Along with the above, applicants will also have experience and an understand of profit and loss to be able to maximise the profitability of the HTC operation, through management of its performance and cost effectiveness. You will be required to deputise for other members of the Transport Team and the Operations Manager as required. A driving licence is essential as the role will include regular travel.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, company car, laptop and mobile phone.