Van/ Light commercial Technician
Our client who is one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle dealership. Due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit for the position of Van Technician to join the busy team at their Wolverhampton depot.
Reporting to the Service Manager you be responsible for undertaking maintenance, service, inspection and repair activities on commercial vehicles including vans.
Your duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of worn equipment (e.g. brake linings)
- Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences and initiation of order expansions/feedback to customers
- Repairs of worn parts (e.g. replacement of mufflers, outside mirrors, tyres and balancing, etc.)
- Performance of defined, but also more extensive, assembly work and repair (e.g. major assembly replacement, suspension strut placement, etc.)
- Vosa inspections (commercial vehicle and trailer)
- Cleaning and care of the customer vehicle
- Retrofitting and start-up of accessories and detachable body components
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role. You must have a valid UK driving licence.
In addition you be a time served vehicle technician with Level 2/3 accreditation.
You will have previous commercial vehicle maintenance experience.
Hours of Work:
4 on 4 off shift's 0600 - 1830
30 days Annual leave
Death in Service
Training and development
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Van Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job