We have a opportunity for a Van Driver to come and join our team based in Bristol on a full time basis working 40 hours per week. This role is a fixed term 6 month contract which will be reviewed at the end of the term looking at business requirements at this time.
As our Van Driver your role will be to ensure all customers orders are delivered in a timely manner and outstanding customer service is provided at all times.
This role is the vital interface between our customers and the branch. In many cases the successful candidates could be the first point of human contact since the purchase. Therefore we need to provide a very courteous and efficient service that constantly exceeds the customer expectations throughout every stage of the delivery experience. It is Brown Brothers mission “to be the customer’s first choice every time” and this role is essential to maintain this part of the Company strategy.
Key Responsibilities of our Van Driver
- Load the van and pick items as required for daily delivery.
- Organise deliveries in a prompt and efficient manner and to keep records as required.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and maintain existing client relationships.
- Report any problems that may arise from goods or services supplied by the Company to the relevant Branch Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Collect payment from customers, as directed by the Branch Supervisor, which must be checked to ensure correct and then kept safely as per procedure.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly as required in the course of the Van Driver duties.
- Attend any driver training requirements as directed by the company
- Ensure Company H&S procedures are followed and that you have due regard for Health and Safety of yourself and others at all times, particularly when handling items which are inflammable, corrosive or toxic.
- Drive the branch delivery vehicle in a responsible and careful manner in line with the Road Traffic Act and Company Procedures.
- Keep the Company vehicle clean and tidy at all times and carry out regular checks on the vehicle including oil, water, battery, lights and tyres.
- Carefully observe Company procedures regarding accidents and insurance claims and to report any accidents or other occurrence relating to the Company vehicle immediately.
- Notify the Branch Supervisor immediately of any vehicle defects.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required in the course of your employment that fall within your competence and ability.
What we’re looking for in our Van Driver
Internal training will be provided but it would be advantageous to have formal training and /or a qualification in some or all of the following areas:
- Logistics / Transport experience
- Health & Safety
- A full clean current driving licence is essential for this role.
- You must be physically fit as role will involve bending, and lifting to a maximum of 25kg. Will need to undergo a medical examination on an annual basis
If you would like to join our team as our new Van Driver then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!