Delivery Driver Job Purpose:
Delivers products safely and efficient to designated location within set timeframe. Ensures proper handling and delivers a high standard of customer care.
Delivery Driver Job Duties:
- May deliver up to 30 orders a day
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to management on time
- Properly uses and maintains delivery equipment, including handheld device
- Will have to lift heavy products
- Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive
- Communicates with customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival
- Follows pre-planned route accurately
- Maintains communication with management to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
- Informs management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
Driver's License, Courteous, Previous Driving Experience, Good Customer Service Skills, Good Communication Skills, No Driving Disqualifications With the Last Three Years, Problem-Solver, Patient, Pleasant, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Ability to Handle Heavy Packages With Care, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Drive Long Distances and Sit for Long Periods of Time, Be Physically Fit, Able to Meet Deadlines.
This position is based just outside of Peterborouh. £9p/h PAYE rates also available. This is a temporary to perenant position for the right candidate.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service