Valve Technician (Mechanical Fitter)
£15 per hour. 37.5 hours per week / Permanent
My client is looking for a valve technician. As a valve technician you will overhaul, test and recertify a range of valves. As a valve technician you will be working for a multinational company who design and manufacturing plant machinery and power, oil and gas and chemical sector.
Experience and Requirements;
- High level of competence on a range of valves, including full overhauls
- Previous experience working on valves within the power station industry
- CTC nuclear clearance
- Preferable apprenticeship or qualification in a mechanical discipline
- 2+ years’ experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Overhaul and recertification of relief valves including conventional, balances bellows, pilot operated and vacuum types.
- Overhaul, test and recertification of all isolation, control and actuator valves and ancillary equipment.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of all valve and actuator issues.
- Provide core competence in use of valve flushing and sealant injection services and all torque and tensioning equipment.
- Plan and coordinate any project or shutdown work as and when required.
- Conduct site surveys and produce detailed reports of the equipment detailed above in accordance with the client and company’s requirements.
- Any other relevant duties as required for the successful completion of the role.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send me a copy of your CV to /
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"