BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in 'advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We are recruiting a Value Stream Manager to lead value stream CI initiatives through Lean manufacturing disciplines. With the support and guidance of the CI Manager and the Executive Steering Committee (ESC), you will develop and implement a strategic plan for continuous improvement of the value stream.
You will support Lean Manufacturing skills development by educating associates, and engaging them in improvement projects. You will also co-ordinate and facilitate Lean Blitzes/CI Events to eliminate waste, reduce product cost and improve business performance. You will ensure the integration of the CI plan with plant level goals and objectives.
As Value Stream Manager, you will;
- Coordinate with international Market Platform Leaders to develop plans for, coordinate, and ensure ongoing value stream improvement over time.
- Integrate activities with other BD unit-level functions, including Operations, Enterprise Improvement, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Regulatory to identify value stream CI opportunities
- Communicate activities with other BD manufacturing sites to share Best Practices.
- Serves as the Plant’s Product and Process Subject Matter Expert.
- Coordinate with Production Managers to develop CI budgeted cost reductions.
- Be responsible for ensuring CI Cost of Goods Manufactured Goal is achieved.
- Lead the strategic planning activity around value stream continuous improvement as well as developing and executing the implementation plan for that strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring value stream team members receive the necessary education and training in the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools aimed at the achievement of CI objectives.
- Maintains current state and future state value stream maps.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure that value stream CI improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period to determine performance to expectations.
The successful candidate will have a degree in an engineering or scientific field or equivalent experience with evidence of continued learning. You will have a strong lean manufacturing and change implementation track record. You will have knowledge of lean concepts, Six Sigma methodology and validation processes. You will also be Lean Leader trained or equivalent.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and 'advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
- Cost Reduction
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- Matrix Management
- Value Stream Maps