Value Stream Manager - 6 Month FTC - £45,000-£55,000 Pro Rata - Portsmouth
A global leading manufacturer is seeking a Value Stream Manager to join them on a fixed term contract basis for a 6 month period. As the successful Value Stream Manager you will be responsible for developing and managing product and information flow within the value stream in accordance with lean methodology to achieve value stream KPl's. This role requires strong people leadership and resource management skills to deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement and people development.
- Accountable for all operational results (Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery) across the value stream defined from raw material reception through finished goods shipment.
- Accountable for reporting and delivering to all KPl's which drive the operation to continuously improve, ensuring the Production Supervisors and reporting lines maintain all key KPI data & visual management boards.
- Define and deliver Continuous Improvement Plans for the value stream from future state maps.
- Accountable for contact between the value stream and all external stakeholders in the production process (shared resource, sub-contractors. etc.) in terms of delivery performance, quality issues, and flow between the facilities.
- Through the Production Supervisors, ensure that all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Company's Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
- Fully accountable for all aspects of quality from raw material reception through to finished product shipment.
- Create and champion improvement plans of all manufacturing processes to enable right first time performance.
- Demonstrable use and application of core Lean tools and techniques, i.e. 5S, Standard Work, LeadershQi Standardised Work, RCCA/RPS/PPS, Gemba to elevate operational performance.
- Previous experience working in an operational leadership role.
- Contribution and leadership within daily start of shift accountability meeting processes.
- Experience of Integrated Project teams and program led business.
- Degree/HND/higher education considered advantageous.
- Will ideally have experience in polymer technology.
Salary - £45,000-£55,000 (pro rata)
25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
Additional Benefits TBC
WRÂ Engineering & ManufacturingÂ are the #1 recruitment partner for sales and manufacturing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job