As Value Management Engineer - Structures you will be required to work with the Programme Development Manager to identify and predict maintenance needs and then develop robust scheme proposals to provide the best whole life cost solution.
Day to Day:
• Identification and development of structures/roads asset schemes from the original data analysis to an agreed treatment proposal to pass to delivery teams
• Presentation of proposals to technical specialists to agree a sustainable solution with due regard to funding and delivery constraints
• Consult and liaise with Specialist resource, both internal and external, to develop robust comprehensive technical proposals and identify opportunities for sharing and combining works.
• Liaison with the Design Contractor and Works Framework contractors to develop proposals which are proportionate, affordable, buildable and minimise risks to cost, programme and safety during design and construction phases.
• Provide technical advice to the supply chain and across Highways England in relevant field
• Identify, schedule and manage technical survey requirements and liaise with other teams to ensure delivery of surveys within required timescales.
- Knowledge of DMRB standards and their application on the highways network
- Understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of scheme
- Experience in structures/roads infrastructure design (pavements, VRS, signs etc)
- Experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/