Your new company
On behalf of our client, City of London, Hays Property & Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Interim Valuations Officer. The City of London is also known as the Square Mile, the financial district and historic centre of London. Your main task in this interim role is to assist the Business Rates Valuation Senior Officer in valuation work for business rates and to assist with dealing with amendments to non-domestic rating valuations, ensuring that they are made in accordance with the relevant legislation. Please note this role is within the scope of IR35 legislation.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the following:
- To update the Rating List entries on the Capita system with RV reductions, increases, splits mergers and reconstitutions.
- To log Valuation Office Agency schedules received on appropriate systems.
- To create new properties and delete demolished properties.
- To prepare flow-charts for more complex cases.
- To prepare statements and calculate the amount of interest due on overpayments in accordance with rating legislation.
- To apply transitional relief certificates with reference to Rating Legislation and direct the Valuation Office as necessary.
- To create & provide new property reference numbers for the Valuation Office Agency.
- To prepare refunds resulting from valuation amendments in accordance with City refund procedures ensuring that the refund is being made to the correct person, that it has been correctly calculated and it is properly payable.
- To answer queries relating to Rating List amendments, calculation of transitional relief, other reliefs and calculation of interest, by telephone or in writing.
- To liaise with the Valuation Office Agency as required regarding rating valuation queries.
- To assist in maintaining statistics balancing the Rating List to the rates system as required.
- To undertake checking of other Valuations Officers' work as required.
- To liaise with other teams within RCG such as the Enquiries Team
- To ensure that the team prepares billing authority reports accurately and in a timely manner for the Valuation Office Agency and that the Valuation Office Agency amends the Rating List in accordance with the billing authority reports or that he issues notices stating that he intends to take no action in accordance with the timetable prescribed in the service level agreement between the City and the Valuation Office Agency.
- To interview ratepayers or their representatives relating to the administration, collection and recovery of non-domestic rates where valuation issues are involved.
- To undertake system testing of the rates system as instructed, for example with each new release of software. To report on problems to the Business Rates Valuation Senior Officer.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate, you will preferable have prior experience in Real Estate or Estate Management with a sound understanding of ratings and valuations. You will have completed secondary education and 1 to 2 years of work experience.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered the opportunity to work with one of London's oldest and most historically significant properties, supporting a large and diverse portfolio.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.