The valuation services group provides valuation services to both external and internal clients. The role of the executive will be primarily to value businesses, shares or intellectual property.Job Description:
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
The Valuations team has wide experience in valuations of private companies. We serve enterprises of all types and sizes, covering a wide range of industries. We believe valuations should not be made as the result of a mechanical process alone. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques in deriving a valuation, but we also exploit our experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality of valuation advice they demand. As each valuation is unique, valuation work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation, which we pride ourselves on being able to offer.
What you’ll be doing:
- gain an understanding of the client’s business issues and a thorough understanding of its market
- Gain a thorough understanding of the different valuation purposes and the techniques applicable in each circumstance
- respond to day-to-day queries raised by the client and attend client calls / meetings
- perform financial analysis in order to derive initial valuation conclusions
- draft reports documenting your analysis
- keep organised records of work done and conclusions reached
- participate in presentations
- be aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spot opportunities to sell those services to clients whilst promoting valuation services to other departments
- Apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- Adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- Provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You'll be professionally qualified (CA, ACA, CFA, ACCA, MBA) or equivalent
- Have experience of working in an accountancy firm, investment bank or valuations team
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.