We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Valuation Governance & Analysis Interim Manager to join M&G Investments, to ensure that the policies and procedures are in place and up-to-date for M&G to demonstrate that all asset valuation are appropriate and accurate. The purpose of this role is to support the running of various valuation committees and working groups, define, monitor and governance the accurate valuation of Hard-to-Value assets and to support the Front & Middle Office through analysis on valuation of asset required to make business decisions.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Managing the Valuation Governance & Analysis team, ensuring all deliveries are met on a timely basis.
• Chairing the Fair Value Working Group, and ensuring the principles of Fair Value are adhered to.
• Supporting the running of the Fair Value Committee and the Independent Price Verification Committee.
• Providing guidance to the Asset Pricing & Monitoring team on what is Fair Value.
• Supporting the Portfolio Valuation team in ensuring that our funds reflect Fair Value.
• Working with Internal and External Auditors to demonstrate compliance to valuation regulations such as IFRS13 and AIFMD.
What we are looking for:
You will have knowledge of valuation regulations, accounting standards and fair value, as well as good valuation control standards around all assets classes (Fixed Income, Equities, Private Debt, Private Equities, OTC Derivatives and ETD). Good people management, problem solving and interpersonal skills are essential, alongside excellent verbal and written communication.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.