To be an integral part of the Forensic and Investigation Services (‘FIS’) team that carries out Valuation and Funds based assignments. The UK FIS team is comprised of over 40 professional staff based in our London and Birmingham offices and is a centre of excellence within the global Mazars network. Due to increased demand for our services, we are looking to expand our team with the addition of an Assistant Manager specialising in business valuations.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the FIS, Valuations and Funds practice, including both client engagements and business development activities.
The candidate will play an important part in ensuring that the client’s expectations are exceeded through the provision of a quality product within an agreed budget and timescale. You will be a part of a dynamic and growing team and your role will contribute to the team’s future success.
The role will involve day to day responsibility for valuation assignments across multiple sectors. The role will encompass both debt and equity valuations for various purposes including, but not limited to:
• Equity valuations to support acquisitions, disposals or other transactions
• Valuations to settle shareholder disputes in the context of independent binding opinions and/or supporting Expert Witness work
• Valuations in the context of the raising of new capital
• Valuations for fund reporting purposes
• Valuation for tax purposes
Your role in the FIS Valuation and Funds team will include:
• Managing a project from start to finish, ensuring that regular communication with the Senior Manager is maintained
• Drafting Valuation Reports, including supporting appendices and exhibits
• Supervising more junior staff in the assignment team
• Ensuring the team adheres to Mazars’ quality control procedures
• Substantial experience of equity valuation work as part of a professional services team
• Demonstrable financial proficiency e.g. Qualified accountant or CFA holder
• Experienced in preparing robust research and analysis to support valuation conclusions
• Able to convey opinions clearly – both verbally and in writing
• Able to explain technical issues to non-accountants
• Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
• Ability to work as a team as well as manage projects independently
• Experience of preparing valuations in the context of Expert Witness assignments would be helpful, although not essential
• Demonstrable experience of delivering quality work to external clients and developing strong client relationships
• Contributes to the development of new initiatives and methodologies
• Helps to create an environment that supports and encourages innovation and flexibility
• Manages client and team expectations through effective communication
• Enables balance of work and home life through effective planning
• Applies industry-specific knowledge to the benefit of the client
• Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary
• Proficient in the use of the Capital IQ database
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 75 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"