Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
Vacation Assistants – Temporary position from June to the end of September
Kelvinhaugh Residences, Glasgow
£7.83 per hour
5 x 35 hour and 10 x 16 hour opportunities - Covering 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 10pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Students manages accommodation for over 11,500 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to student across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Sanctuary Students are looking to recruit enthusiastic and self-motivated Vacation Assistants to work at Kelvinhaugh Residences, Glasgow. We use our accommodation over the summer period for conferences, Summer schools and for accommodation bookings from members of the public.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please come along to our open day which is taking place at Kelvinhaugh Residences on Thursday 19 April between 14.30pm and 6.00pm.
Please bring a copy of your CV including references, and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK (passport or full birth certificate).
The role of Vacation Assistant will include:
- General cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Helping the Site Management team to ensure the smooth running of accommodation
- Acting as the first point of contact for our customers
- Providing general administrative support to the management team
- Carrying out administration duties such as booking in residents, accommodation inventory checks, and cash handling
Skills and experiences:
- As important members of the team, you will ideally have some cleaning and customer service experience, but just as important is your willingness to help other team members and residents
- You will have a pleasant and outgoing personality and a willingness to help out wherever you are needed
- A flexible approach is required
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday per annum, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata). The full time equivalent for this role is 40 hours per week
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job