Our client is the sports platform that helps grassroots players organise, earn and play games for real!
By getting connected, rated, ranked and even rewarded, any level of player can begin managing their sports life, through mobile, web and live events.This is a 3-6 month internship based in Wimbledon with a starting salary of between £18,500 - £25,00 DOE.
What does the company do?
Our client is on the hunt for an intern or volunteer (depending on experience) who is a fluent spanish/english speaking, creative, good humoured, talented UI/UX Designer with Front-End Developer tendencies. Join a fun, hardworking, expanding team based in the lovely, green and buzzy Wimbledon area, only 30 minutes door to door from Soho, 20 minutes on the train from Waterloo Station; they work out of their own, private, chilled, renovated IT shop on the high street, with self raising standup desks, big multiple screens and comfy gaming chairs to work from. They are unique; a budding sports brand with their own product, who are also a design and development software house providing tech services for various companies, supporting customers with design, build and operation of digital services.
How you can expect to spend your day:
Working closely with the experienced American CEO/Founder, who has deep sports/government contacts, decades of experience in corporate, SME and startup tech companies, some of your responsibilities would be:
• Working with NBA Spain for a collaborative grassroots basketball rollout to 1.5 million Spanish basketball fans; create platform.
• Coming up with new and innovative ideas, features and solutions for Software Products and refining product requirements.
• Designing and building functional user interfaces for desktop and mobile web applications.
• Work closely with clients and partners, to scope, estimate, present, design, develop, deploy and support all projects.
• Wed Design and Development (open to junior level, mid or senior level)
• Background in graphic design (specifically UI an UX Design)
• Any desire, experience or relentless curiosity in front-end frameworks (i.e. React or Angular)
If you are interested in joining a social sports technology brand with global goals of helping the world play more sports, our client offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies, exciting partners/clients and globally connected investors.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
Fluent spanish/english speaking creative, good humoured
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Share Options (stay with us and own a piece of the dream)
• Annual bonus program
• Accelerated salary forecast (salary increased based on total revenue)
• Cryptocurrency Rewards
• Standing/Sitting electric desks
• Spontaneous lunches
• Fresh fruit and water on hand
• Global circle of amazing advisors, investors and friends, at your service.