An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our UX team here at Matalan as a Front End Developer. As a Front End Developer, you will work as part of an established and successful UX team to code, develop & implement best-in-class digital experiences. You will be passionate about all things web with strong working knowledge of developing code for responsive design, especially for mobile devices.
You will work closely alongside a team of UX designers, developers, analysts and researchers to take initial business requirements through to the build & development of experiences into A/B tests against the experimentation roadmap.
- Create best-in-class digital solutions that deliver improved experiences for our customers.
- Support the A/B experimentation roadmap seeking to drive incremental revenue benefits and improved user satisfaction levels.
- Utilise the latest coding techniques to build the most performant solutions.
- Work closely with other designers & developers to improve the overall UX of digital channels.
- Work closely with optimisation analysts to ensure experiment builds meet hypotheses and can be measured to gauge success.
- Contribute to the overall UX component kit ensuring coded elements can be reused across other experiments.
- Provide general business support, offering code solutions where needed.
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a similar development role or degree in web development.
- Working knowledge of A/B testing tools (e.g. Maxymiser, Optimizely, Monetate) would be beneficial.
- Technical understanding of the latest W3C best practices.
- Understanding of UX best practices and agile methodologies.
- Works well under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to organise and prioritise work.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"