This a new role created as part of my client's drive to place users at the heart of their culture and product development.
Reporting to the UX Design & Research Manager, this is a great opportunity for an experienced UX Researcher to help inform and shape my clients market leading global higher education research and search websites and apps. They have ambitious plans for the future and this could be a career defining opportunity for the right individual.
- Manage all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (user testing) research
- Deliver research using appropriate methods including user interviews, user testing, ethnography, persona creation, customer journey mapping, survey design, A/B testing, log analysis, etc
- Develop and iterate wireframes using design best practice and industry standard tools (e.g. Axure, Sketch, Invision) and, wherever possible, co-creation with users
- Work with product managers and designers to develop, prototype, test and optimise high-fidelity visuals and prototypes
- Collaborate with staff from our product management, commercial, UX research and design, IT and development, marketing, SEO and content teams in thinking big, to generate innovative solutions to these problems leading sessions using techniques such as design thinking
- Perform analysis and make recommendations by identifying user needs and converting them into actionable objectives for future product research and development
- Use web analytics and conversion rate optimisation techniques (ideally VWO) and tools to understand and enhance outcomes for users and clients and optimise revenue generation
- Summarise the findings and recommendations of research studies and communicate them clearly to the wider team
- Coach and train other members of the product team and wider company to take part in research activities
- Keep up with industry developments in best-practice and user research methods. Capture and share those that could be applied more widely across the company
Who you are
The successful applicant will possess the following skills, attributes, experience and qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Significant UX Research / Digital Interaction experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences
- Some UX design experience is highly desirable - i.e. basic working knowledge and use of wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, and/or InVision
- Proven experience in identifying research needs, matching those needs to research methods, and aligning approach with overall business strategy
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of quantitative and qualitative research to inform product design (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (user testing) research
- Experience conducting research using of a range of qualitative methods and related tools, from usability testing and contextual inquiry; to remote testing (e.g UserZoom, Qualtrics etc); to focus groups, card sorting, participatory design, ethnography, etc
- Experience facilitating workshops using approaches such as design thinking, rapid prototyping, and empathy + journey mapping
- Ability to synthesize multiple insights to arrive at recommendations that deliver user-focused outcomes for the organisation, and communicate them effectively to senior management, product managers, designers and stakeholders across the business
- Working knowledge of data analytics and statistics, including understanding statistical significance
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and relationship-building skills
- A desire to constantly expand your UX knowledge by keeping up with the latest UX news and trends
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal guidance
To be considered for this unique role, please click "Apply" or contact me direct;
- user research
- user experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'