As a User Experience Designer you will design what our millions of customers use on electronic devices: our digital product experiences. In an agile and autonomous team, you will design the links between the physical and digital aspects of a new product line, and will be involved in all steps to make ground-breaking design happen from concept through delivery.
Our digital product group works in a user-centred design process, employing design thinking while also contributing to new ideas and approaches. You will research new concepts (in-house or with customers), design and prototype (in Sketch, Marvel, Adobe Creative Suite, and with post-its and whiteboards) and test rigorously to improve (in small studies, and with larger usability tests).
You’ll always feel the excitement of building and evolving the look-and-feel of new digital products in a key area of Stanley Black & Decker’s portfolio.Your challenge
- Create interactive prototypes, from low to high-fidelity, iterating based on metrics and user insights
- Test those prototypes with customers, remotely and in person
- Understand/analyse the ways end-users interact with technology and how tech can influence their experience.
- Solve new product demands, and solidify the current system, with 20% exploration of future concepts and 80% implementation filling out the design of each upcoming version features
- Evolve and maintain design guidelines, including colours, icons, typography, imagery and interactions
- Facilitate a consistent experience across channels and devices, making the most natural and intuitive user flows between the physical and digital worlds of each product
- Work closely with product managers, software, hardware engineers marketing and brand, throughout the product development process
- Directly collaborate with other designers and creative directors in the larger UX team, to help improve the usability and visual presentation of this product’s features and where it connects to others
We want to see your work, and hear you explain about what inspired you. We’d love to know how you tackled issues along the way, and your roles in each project. Show us your whole process from research through prototypes and launch.
- 3+ years of experience creating visual design for digital products on the web and on devices, or the equivalent in one major product experience on the job or at a fantastic internship
- Strong portfolio focusing primarily on: visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and human factors for mobile design. Interactive prototype demonstration and examples of end user research would be preferred
- Degrees, certificates, and training demonstrating your knowledge and commitment to user-cantered design
- Understanding of design for devices, responsive and adaptive design for cross-device functionality, and universal design for accessibility
- Strong creative vision and the ability to communicate it, especially design specifications that developers can immediately pick up and start using
- Determination to do what's best for the user, product and brand
- An ability to effectively manage time and multiple deadlines
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum, and your thoughts on UX design in that process
- Tour of Mastery: Expand your abilities in visual and interaction design and broader aspects of user experience. We actively support you in your chosen field of expertise by giving you time, space, education, and resources
- Working within a fast-moving, experienced team of experts in product design and communication, where mentorship and skills matter most
- A portfolio of finished project work from some of the most world-renowned brands
- Competitive salary
Whether you’ve been designing for a few years or have just started out with a great portfolio, we’d love to talk to you. Tell us what next step you want to take in your career. Let’s tap into your passion and potential.