UX Designer - Hertfordshire
UX Designer required across the Commercial and Space, Range and Display area
Our work as user experience designers truly goes multichannel. We don't just designs apps and websites, but experiences where our customers play the biggest part in defining the vision for their modern life. As a UX designer you will help to deliver that visions by working with teams of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and some amazing coders throughout the design process that you will help to define and deliver. Sometimes creating user flows and wireframes is the right way to go and sometimes you jump right into mock-ups and prototypes, but if the only way to deliver what our customers really want is to jump straight to in-browser designs there really is no single way to deliver the best in class user experience.
- Represent the "User Experience, " translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product.
- Research the audience and the business.
- Conduct usability tests, card sorting exercises, stakeholder interviews, user polling, and provide as much information about what factors are influencing the project as possible.
- Ability to use data as a discovery process to define what site's primary objectives are and should be.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user journeys and engaging interaction concepts, which result in improved user experience on our site and app.
- Respond to business and user needs through carrying out user research (focus groups, workshops, speaking to stakeholders).
- Design user journeys and user experiences across the company various access points: including e-commerce, and account management.
- In addition, work across the company's multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles.
- Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
You will have:
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required)
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Partner with Product Management, Research and Engineering to align UX vision and activities with our business goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field
- 4+ years of experience