UX Designer FS
UX Designer (FS) - London
Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables:
You should have strong experience as UX designer (either agency or client-side).
Key duties will involve:
- Conducting expert reviews
- User requirements gathering
- Developing personas, user scenarios and user journeys
- Creating site maps and process flows
- Producing wireframes
- Writing user interface specifications
- Working closely with designers and developers to deliver the best user experience
- Presenting work to stakeholders.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience required to do the role:
The ideal candidate will have good analytical, organisational and documentation skills and pride themselves on their attention to detail. Good communication skills are also essential due to the internal client facing nature of the role. You should ideally come from a creative background with strong design skills.
Experience gained in large corporate environments (not necessarily Financial Services, but this would be a bonus).
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience required to do the role:
- Ideation & Concept Development - Adopts an unconstrained and creative approach to problem solving. Critiques ideas and can objectively apply business logic to potential solutions. Conceives new ideas that tap into customer wants (i.e. 'delighters') and can articulate these through tangible outputs. Balances calculated risks with potential benefits and able to articulate this logic. Generates ideas and connects concepts to turn problems into opportunities.
- Agile Approach - Recognised as an expert in agile and makes recommendations on how and when it should be implemented. Suggests areas that could benefit from using an agile approach. Develops innovative approaches to agile delivery and advocates use of these throughout the Group. Provides guidance and support to peers and team members on how best to implement an agile approach.
- Proposition Development - Manages a portfolio of products within, or across segments. Provides guidance and support to others who are managing and developing propositions. Uses a variety of techniques to develop products e.g. agile, rapid iteration, test and learn, minimum viable product testing, user journeys and development flows. Coaches others in the use of the customer discovery process (customer interviewing, opportunity assessments, customer development programmes); product discovery process (prototyping, user testing, live-data and split testing), product optimization process( rapid refinement and A/B testing), product development process (establishing disruptive processes e.g. scrum). Looks outside, across the landscape too develop new product propositions and business models. Considers building strategic long-term partnerships, including joint "go-to-market" models.
- Analytical Skills - Recognised internally as an expert in various forms of analysis e.g. financial modelling, statistical tools, investment performance analysis, excel and/or in-house tools. Able to view quantitative analysis holistically using a strong insight into the commercial context and its contribution to business strategy. Performs comprehensive financial analysis and is able to analyse P&L statements, balance sheets, M&A related valuation, discounted cash flow rates ect. to contribute to strategic business decisions. Uses and interprets multiple data sets from multiple sources such as statistical tools, internal systems, external reports to set goals for themselves, their teams/partners/vendors and function overall on a periodic basis and to evaluate performance. Able to interpret and distil information and use data to analyse key functional/business decisions and influence key stakeholders. Analyses and benchmarks internal data and performance with industry/global best practice.
- Strategic Thinking - Actively considers the company's strategic perspective and leverages alignment across the business, identifying common themes and issues. Keeps up-to-date with the company's strategic direction and actively monitors trends and opportunities in the external environment. Thinks strategically about changes in product, services, competition, market and workforce. Uses specialist knowledge to highlight potential opportunities in own field of work and interpret market / competition data to take strategic decisions. Considers the impact of proposed strategy on business functions, processes, roles, and individuals. Identifies issues which may / will become significant in the longer-term. Develops and communicates strategy for own team / area wherever applicable. Plans long-range goals, objectives and overall direction which support the company's strategy.
- Technical Knowledge - Has significant experience, good contextual awareness and the ability to make decisions in the full knowledge of the relevant business, economic, competitive and regulatory factors Uses technical knowledge in relation to the products and/or services offered by the function/business unit and leads others in applying this knowledge. Uses knowledge and experience to serve internal and external customers and represent their function/business unit as a subject matter expert Has knowledge in relation to the products and services offered by competition and uses this information to support critical business decisions In-depth understanding of the various rules governing their function/business unit, short and long term implications of their actions, associated risks and strive to continuously upgrade their knowledge Has advanced knowledge of the processes, systems, tools, techniques, economy and broader industry that are required to deliver in their current role/function/business unit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job