User Interface (UI) Designer, Edinburgh, 6 month contract, £150-£250 per day Out of Scope of IR35
Your new company and role
Our Public sector client is looking to bring in a UI Designer to support development teams in implementing usable systems for internal and external users. As an interaction designer this role will require you to design accessible services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Experience using tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery;
- Ability to pair with both user experience leads and developers;
- Experience of front-end development technologies:
-Valid CSS (2-3) & pre-processing technologies e.g. SASS;
- Experience of building and using pattern libraries e.g. patternlab.io or assemble and building with the GDS toolkit;
- Have experience of coding to meet the standards agreed by the wider IT department, including:
-Coding techniques to create accessible experiences for a variety of assistive technologies.
- Demonstrable skill in building responsive interfaces for a wide range of devices and browsers;
- Experience in integrating analytical reporting tools and using version control systems: e.g. git, Subversion;
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as SCRUM and/or KANBAN frameworks, together with XP engineering practices.
- Education / training / background in Design or Information Technology;
- Working understanding of:
- The Scottish Government's digital agenda;
- UK Government's digital by default strategy.
- Working with digital mapping user interfaces, such as GIS;
- An understanding of lean principles;
- Engaging on each stage of the project delivery;
- Experience of working in Linux for development.
What you'll get in return
A 6 month initial contract to join a public sector organisation and help transform the way it delivers services.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'