User Experience Designer (UXD)
As the User Experience Designer, you will lead and be accountable for development, implementation, improvement and management of the User Experience strategy across the W2 Global Data Solutions ("the company") family of cloud-based platforms; whilst developing, building and implementing creative, innovative solutions within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
The UXD is responsible for researching and designing a first-class user experience for W2. You will work in a cross functional agile team to innovate and assist with recommendations for the cloud-based suite of products, from concepts through to the delivery of industry-leading products.
We’re a high-growth Cloud first company that is passionate about using big data analytics, machine learning and cuttingedge technology to revolutionise the way that global corporates protect themselves from criminal activity, potential fraud and would-be money launderers. As such, you will be the UX Lead on one or more of our core channels and take ownership of UX decisions. You will also be the voice of the customer within the Product & Operations Team.
- Create prototypes - The UXD works across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery and will create documentation, wireframes, prototypes, pixel perfect UI. The UX Designer creates hi- and lo-fi prototypes that can be validated on users.
- Research - The UXD conducts research and usability studies in conjunction with UX researchers. Domain knowledge - The UXD has domain knowledge of at least one platform (web, Android, iOS), as well as an understanding of either the consumer or business domain.
- Data Driven - The UXD uses qualitative and quantitative data to influence their work.
- Innovative solutions - The UXD focuses on key user problems and comes up with innovative solutions while empowering consumers to love their takeaway experience. The UXD leads across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery for isolated features.
- Participate in user research studies - The UXD facilitates user research studies in conjunction with Product Managers/Engineers.
- Measure-The UXD works in conjunction with the Product Manager to measure and monitor the performance of products. Understand how to interpret KPI’s and the correct measurement practices.
- Communicate - The UXD transparently communicates on their progress and discusses ideas with their team and Development and Technology Teams.
- Team work - The UXD takes a collaborative approach and fosters strong working relationships with their team and with people in the wider W2 team, learning from them.
- Professional Development - The UXD actively looks for opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge using internal and external sources. The UXD keeps up to date with latest industry & tech blogs and is an active member of relevant UX Groups.
- Working with the Marketing team, help create collateral for digital campaigns such as social media, email etc.
- At all times work in a way that demonstrates the company’s business methods.
- To listen to and relay market intelligence.
- Maintain the highest standards in terms of personal appearance, conduct and respect of company property.
Person Specification (Qualifications, experience, skills, personal attributes required to do this role)
Please Note. A STRONG PORTFOLIO SHOWING PREVIOUS UI WORK AND UX METHODOLOGIES IN PRACTISE IS REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO YOUR CV TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE. You will have experience working in web development and or web-based app design, working in a multi-disciplinary development role for a transactional B2C or B2B site.
- Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking, Kanban and agile discovery / development processes.
- A creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and Agile environment.
- Passionate about developing strategies derived from insight, with the mastery of your craft to turn these into products (both interactions and visuals).
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, InVision etc); expert level online creative and design skills.
- Formal User Experience Certification.
- Comfortable creating an Information Architecture (IA) for internet sites, SaaS or other cloud-based offerings. Keeps up-to-date with emerging / future customer and technological trends.
- Able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of being a key project stakeholder in web-based projects and able to head projects independently with a high attention to detail; with an ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.
- Natural planner, looking ahead, anticipating and escalating issues before they arise, providing solutions, and meeting deadlines.
- Quick learner able to think pro-actively; building solid working relationships with wider members of the business.
Company Benefits include:
- Death in Service
- Share Option Scheme
- Holidays (22 days annual holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank and Public holidays (pro rata for part time staff). You will also receive your birthday off each year (or the closest working day) and 1 additional day if no sick leave is taken from 01/01 - 30/06 and 1 additional day if no sick leave is taken 01/07 - 31/12 each year.
- Company mobile phone and laptop (if required)
- Bupa Health Plan
- Other employee benefits include weekly Yoga classes, weekly fresh fruit delivery, and discounted cinema tickets