47.5 hours Edinburgh Full Time Apply Now
Are you an experienced Used Sales Manager working in the Motor Trade and looking for a new career opportunity?
A rare opportunity has arisen to become a Used Car Sales Manager for Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh and Coldstream. You will be joining a large and successful business, recently awarded Retailer of the Year 2018 by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK.
Used Vehicle Sales Manager
Mercedes Benz of Edinburgh - Newbridge
Salary £35,000 plus bonus OTE £65,000 + Company Car
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and training.
Nature of the Role:
This is a role that forms part of a successful management team, the main aspects amongst many are to enhance the rate of sales, via the quality of advertising, preparation and display. The majority of the role is to be carried out the Newbridge site, where you will also assist the team in pricing part exchange vehicles and controlling sales on a day to day basis when required. You will work with colleagues to regularly reviewing the pricing of our stock over the three Mercedes Benz sites in line with the market, to aid the stock turn and encourage enquiries.
What does the job entail?
- Advertise the vehicles on our various platforms, including Autotrader, ensuring the images and narrative are as bespoke as possible to assist the marketing of each vehicle to the best of its ability
- Monitoring the display standards at all 3 sites
- Weekly review of retail prices, including used stock, used smart and demonstrator pricing
- Ensuring a model mix conforming to the market is available and an appropriate turnover rate of used vehicles
- To assist with pricing part exchanges and working as a sales controller constructing the sale if other managers are busy
- Monitor the throughput of our used car retail preparation at our off site preparation centre
- Controlling and approving preparation costs with the PDI Centre
- On completion at the preparation centre, review the vehicle and work carried out, accepting the vehicle to site in retail condition
- Supporting planning issues relevant to used sales, in particular volume planning and profitability
- Defining market goals for used vehicle sales, co-ordinating these with performance targets and business plan
- Developing concepts to increase turnover and profitability in used Sales
- Observing market price developments / carrying out analysis and benchmarking of competitors in the used vehicles business
- Planning and managing/involvement in media advertising, direct marketing, events and customer loyalty activities
- Ensuring the range of manufacturer additional services (leasing, financing, etc.) are available
- Monitoring budgets and defined profit goals and objectives for the department and retail area
What are we looking for?
- Must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Financial Awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- People Management
- Leadership skills
- Change orientation, strategic vision and continuous improvement
- Proactive / Creative
- Leads by example
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Potential discounts with 1600 retailers
- Access to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Training/Career development
- Family day out passes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'