£40,000 + 10% Bonus + Outstanding benefits + Co Car
We are recruiting for an Analytical Used Car Manager with experience in negotiation, business planning, business development for our client a Leading Motor Trade Finance House based in the Hertfordshire area. As a strong sales professional you role will be to encompass the full scope of activities associated with ‘traditional’ business channels (as distinct from B2C2B & C2C initiatives), including the conception of non-scheme National offers, the pricing and management of Standard (Bespoke) Dealer terms, reporting & performance monitoring, competitor analysis, the exploitation of Services potential, the optimisation of remarketing opportunities & wholesale funding leverage, managing quarterly Used Vehicle review meetings, both internal & at HQ and development of common strategy with manufacturer partners.
You will be required to liaise closely with a number of internal & external entities, notably the Field Team, manufacturer Used Vehicle counterparts, Finance, Brand Management & Services, Remarketing, Network Funding, Dealer Services and Training, plus the respective Dealer Associations.
Analytical Used Car Manager- job purpose
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Methods, the job holder is responsible for fulfilling the company’s commercial & financial objectives on Used & Nearly New Vehicles, through the definition, development and deployment of a cohesive strategy through the company’s Field Force & Dealer Network.
Analytical Used Car Manager -key tasks and responsibilities
- Non-Scheme Product development & pricing (Used & Nearly New):
- Conception, pricing and deployment of National offers (Annual & bespoke promotional offers) consistent with commercial & financial objectives)
- Conception & deployment of associated rewards
- Management of Standard (bespoke) terms pricing (process development & deployment, first level validation of AM input, counter proposal as necessary) and Organise Quarterly Package reviews
- Validation of above with Finance & via Pricing Committee
- Responsibility for associated procedures and compliance
- Identifies Services opportunities and develops the offers in cooperation with the Services and Brand teams. This includes classical Services and insurances such as warranties, vehicle insurance, GAP, etc. but also Services related specifically to the on-line Used Vehicle business
Market & performance monitoring of Used Cars and Nearly New
- Keeps a close watch & benchmarks products & services on the UK market
- Based on relevant reporting data, provides Management Information on Used Vehicle programmes and proposes readjustment of programmes whenever necessary for better commercial and financial results, including sales performance analysis (at national, AM & Dealer level), highlighting under-achievement & evaluating improvement opportunities, monitoring of product mix & associated financial performance vs objectives (National / Standard, HP/PCP, advance, term), monitoring of Standard terms returns vs agreed packages & global MIC
- Sourcing, consolidation & comparison of competitor offers for internal & HO requirements, in line with prescribed timing in collaboration with the Field Team
- Analyses the behaviour of our dealers in terms of communication and APR offers in the different sales channels
Ensure permanent communication with to generate synergy with the Manufacturers for their used car channels and actions, instigating the development of joint strategy, initiatives & products
Company Representation at manufacturer Used Vehicle committees
Cooperation with Remarketing team to maximise leverage opportunities
Leaf indemnity Monthly Reconciliation in conjunction with the Manager, Marketing
Monitor stock retuning back to the company and construct targeted offers for the highest model volumes
If you have the relevant experience as an Analytical Used Car Manager and are looking for an exciting new challenge within this established company then simply send your CV in the first instance to , send your CV to: Martina at Mai Day Recruitment Services today!!
Contact: Martina at Maiday Recruitment-Telephone:
- Experience of reporting and performance monitoring
- Experience of remarketing and formal reporting
- Analytical User Car Sales Manager with a minimum of two years' recent experience