AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading independent practice based in Cambridge to recruit an enthusiastic and ambitious accountant to work with a US/UK Tax portfolio.
The role is perfect for someone looking to make their stamp on the market and develop their career while taking home a competitive salary, study support and generous benefits package. Our client has distinguished themselves as an expert training practice and is offering a high level of exposure to both UK and US Tax.
This role is offering both full-time and part-time packages so if you feel this may be of interest, please feel free to contact me to discuss.
Tax Semi Senior Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete US (Federal/State) tax returns, including the associated forms as required
- Prepare and complete US tax returns under the Streamlined Offshore Filing procedure, assisting individuals to bring them back into full compliance with their US tax obligations
- Prepare and complete UK self-assessment tax returns mainly for US expats residing in the UK
- Prepare and complete Worldwide Voluntary Disclosures. This includes corresponding with HMRC, in order to successfully bring the individual back into full compliance
- Review all aspects of works prepared by trainee advisors
- Research technical US/UK legislation i.e. residency and domicile matters
- Ensure a strong client relationship is always maintained. Being the primary point of contact for a diverse range of personal tax clients and attending to their needs
- Assist Senior staff in all aspects of their work as required
Tax Semi Senior Requirements:
- Ideally ATT qualified
- 18 months + US/UK tax experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work well under pressure, including work demands and client expectations, with a good ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
For more information on this US/UK Tax Semi-Senior role, please apply directly or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers.
Tax Semi Senior - Cambridge