Candidates must have previous experience within this role. You will need to be comfortable working as part of a team of teachers and technicians and have excellent communication skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* The organisation of teaching laboratories and the preparation of practical materials in support of the teaching of both Biology and Chemistry at Key Stages 3 and 4
* Liaising with staff to discuss equipment requirements and work plans
* Running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments
* Preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to microscopes
* Maintaining and repairing equipment and laboratory apparatus
* Record keeping, e.g. for student practical's, tracking methods, results, etc
* Ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored
* Giving technical advice to staff and students
* Managing the stock control of chemicals and equipment
* Ensuring that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
* Coordinating work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment
You must have school experience and able to quickly pick up the school's way of working.
If you do not hold a current DBS and haven't subscribed to the online service, you will need to complete a new DBS through Monarch Education.
If you feel you meet the criteria and are looking to work for a bright, enthusiastic and diverse company, please forward a copy of your up to date CV to
- Science technician