Currently recruiting a Urban Designer for an award winning national consultancy within the construction sector for their office in Birmingham. The Urban Designer is required to have excellent knowledge of building regulations; it is essential for this role that you have good working knowledge of AutoCAD as you will predominantly be working using this software.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Urban Designer with excellent design solutions and strategies for a range of projects encompassing residential, mixed use, and commercial commissions. It would be highly desirable if the individual had urban design and master planning experience on projects from feasibility through concept and sketch design to the appropriate level of detail, including to outline planning.
The successful applicant will possess at least 2 years work experience in the UK of working on residential/mixed use projects, it is required that you hold a full UK driving license to be successful for this opportunity.
Urban Designer Position Overview
- Develop design solutions and strategies for a range of projects encompassing residential, mixed use, and commercial commissions;
- Developing projects from feasibility through concept and sketch design to the appropriate level of detail, including to outline planning;
- Prepare high quality visualisations from sketch through to illustrative and presentation standard, and Assist in the preparation of feasibility, design, planning and other documentation, as required, including contributing to the preparation of submissions and fee proposals.
Urban Designer Position Requirements
- Degree in architecture, landscape architecture or planning
- Good working knowledge of current urban design issues in a UK context;
- A strong design flair with an interest in delivering high quality projects from a strategic masterplan level to the details of individual built area and urban spaces;
- Competence in the use of the full range of design focused packages including AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch Up, as well as Microsoft Office suite;
- Confidence and competence in drawing and sketching by hand;
- The ability to work and manage projects, with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to successfully manage time to meet project deadlines as well as a strong work ethic.
Urban Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £25k - 30k+ DOE
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy