A prestigious, global player in the international Insurance market is now seeking an experienced Upstream Oil and Gas Engineer to join their risk team in London.
The company's interests and expertise cover a range of challenging, high hazard sectors including shipping, aviation, power, construction, energy, refining /petrochemicals, and mass transport. The organisation's services extend from underwriting technical support to incident analysis, claims assistance, reinsurance advice, business interruption, risk assessment and mitigation and so on. The business boasts several International offices. The immediate focus is on recruiting an additional experienced engineer with a successful upstream operational /production pedigree into its London energy group.
Likely to be a chemical or mechanical engineer and probably chartered, the job holder will undertake a full range of duties including undertaking physical /condition/ integrity surveys, the review of operational and maintenance practice and procedures, assessing client Insurance specifications and requirements, investigating claims and losses, performing desktop risk assessments, and producing clear, lucid reports for underwriters, clients, and advisors.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (most favourably Chemical Engineering)
- Chartered engineer (MIMechE/MIChemE)
- Has worked for a major oil company
- Strong knowledge and experience of hydrocarbon processing (essential)
- Experience in production or processing of oil and gas in an operational, technical support or maintenance role
- Offshore/upstream experience (70% of role)
- The ability to communicate effectively/persuasively and write coherent reports
- Familiarity with upstream oil and gas technology
- Comfortable with 60 days International travel a year (when possible).
- Understanding and experience of risk engineering in Insurance - what adds value?
- Preferably some Insurance Industry knowledge and experience
- Ideally some onshore/downstream knowledge (30% of role) - less essential, but desirable
The company is looking for senior engineers with a strong, stable, and substantial track record in hydrocarbons operations, production, and asset management, possibly at a leadership level. They are not looking for engineers with a design, process safety or projects background at this stage. For engineers recruited into the Insurance sector, a 6 month training programme is on offer.
Benefits: Pension, Bonus, Private Healthcare
Sounds interesting? Suitably qualified candidates should click APPLY to send your CV and a brief covering letter for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including Oil and Chemicals Insurance Risk Engineer, Mechanical, Production, Operations, Maintenance, Chemical, Engineering, Petrochemical Engineer, Risk Engineer, Insurance Engineer, Technical Support , Production Superintendent, OIM, Upstream Risk Engineer, Oil and Gas Engineer, Asset/Integrity Engineer may also be considered.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'