First 2 Recruit Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Chard who are looking for an experienced Upholstery Production Operative to join their team. This is a permanent position offering a salary of circa £18,000 per annum, working 8 - 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.
Duties of the role of Upholstery Production Operative;
- Planning the work, advising on fabrics and estimating costs
- Preparing patterns and templates
- Cutting out fabric
- Fixing webbing and springs
- Covering frames with padding and fabric using stitching, staples, tacks or glue
- Making cushions
- Adding trimmings like piping, fringing and buttons
- Cutting and shaping materials with hand and machine tools
- Working out the quantity and type of materials needed
- Conduct all duties in compliance with Good Manufacturing
- Practice (GMP) and internal Quality requirements.
- Maintain accurate and legible records
- Participate in the routine cleaning of the Production area and warehouse
- Working from technical drawings
- Comply with all health and safety requirements
- Upholstering complete items or parts of an item.
To be considered for the role of Upholstery Production Operative you will need to have the following skills/experience;
- Must possess excellent levels of literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- The ability to follow written instructions and record activities performed.
- Flexibility in accordance with Company requirements whilst exhibiting a 'can do’ attitude.
To apply for this position please get in touch with Lindsey Smith
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.