IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE! This UK omi-channel retailer is looking for an experienced Technologist to join their Furniture & Home team.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a highly respected retailer and brand with their own-brand, quality product categories.
This is a hands on technical role & is looking for an individual who has understanding of the methods and processes within this product sector whether that would be in understanding of the compliance, UK governance and everything from fibre, spring, fire hazards including other materials such as leathers, fabrics and other man-made fabrics etc.
Fabric or Upholstery experience is essential .
As a Fabric Upholstery Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Critical path management from concept through to launch.
- Looking after sofa, armchair and all the parts which are hardlines and soft accessory finishes.
- Oversee the inspection process on existing and new products, making sure all products are fit for purpose and conform to legal requirements.
- Continually analyse returns and recommend corrective solutions.
- Tthere will be some tavel within Europe and to the Far-East
To be successful, you will:
- Have significant technical experience ideally within hardlines furniture, either from another successful retailer or manufacturer, sofas or upholstered products.
- Have strong leadership skills and qualities.
- Ability to prioritise work loads in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Can challenge the status quo and understanding an gaps in the process and knowledge
- Be highly organised & commercial and be able to convey technical detail in a clear and concise manner.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
This is currently up to a 6 month contract with the potential of going permanent. If you are immediately available like to join a leading brand to help drive them forward during the next phase of their home development; please apply with an up to date CV quoting the reference JO-1803-104347.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.