Upholsterer or Upholstery Technician (Field based)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national furniture repair specialist who require a skilled Upholsterer, Upholstery Technician or Furniture Technician with furniture repair experience to carry out professional furniture and upholstery repairs and restoration on old and new furniture in customers homes.
The successful Upholsterer or Furniture Repair Technician must have experience working as a professional Upholstery Service Technician or Upholsterer or Furniture Repair technician, skilled in upholstery, upholstery repairs and / or furniture restoration. We particularly would like to hear from candidates with experience in Leather repairs, Vinyl repairs, hand stitching, cabinet repairs, modern and old furniture restoration techniques.
Upholsterer / Upholstery Technician Key accountabilities:
- Travelling to various locations, working within customers homes to carry out professional repairs and assessments on old and new furniture.
- Using tablet PC’s to upload detailed reports to our Head Office
- To ensure all repairs meet the required quality standard and are free from defect
- To ensure all relevant information has been gathered to guarantee work is carried out correctly
- Manage your own workload to ensure the most efficient use of time and resources
- To represent the company in their customers homes and ensure the customer experience is a positive one
- To ocassionally work away from home/region when required
Upholsterer / Upholstery Technician Skills, knowledge and experience :
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an upholstery technician or furniture repair technician
- Experience as a service technician would be desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry, modern upholstery techniques and furniture restoration
- Good administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to evaluate action needed to satisfy customers
- Excellent personal presentation
- A good standard of report writing
- Good IT skills