My client is seeking to hire a Unix System Administrator to join their team based in North Dublin. Are you a Unix administrator with 3 years proven experience in Solaris in a production operational environment?
- Proactive monitoring of managed service components
- Maintenance and administration of NetBackup environment
- SAN Storage management and allocation
- Resolving issues with vendors including Oracle, EMC and Symantec
- Day to day administration of the Solaris and Linux environments.
- Manage faults reactively, diagnosing and resolving faults when they arise
- Manage fault calls assigned to the role
- Draft and implement agreed Change Requests
- Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required.
- Installation, integration and maintenance and administration of central services.
- Handling complex escalated technical customer or partner issues.
- On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
- Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method.
- Update and upgrade complex IT products and systems
- Maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
- 3 years proven experience actively working with Solaris in a production operational environment
- Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
- Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
- Flexibility on travel within Ireland for short term assignment
- Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
- Experienced in a wide range of technology areas.
- Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role please submit your CV to the link provided or call Rachael on 01-9017821.